I am committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. I will only use the information that I collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998). This policy sets out how I will treat your personal information.
1. What information do I collect?
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information that you provide to me for the purpose of contacting me
- Any other information that you choose to send to me
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
I may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. I will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. I will use the persistent cookies to: enable my website to recognise you when you make subsequent visits to this website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal data
I may use your personal information to:
- administer the website.
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- send to you my newsletter and other marketing communications relating to my business which I think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- provide third parties with statistical information about my users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on my website, I will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to me.
I will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, I may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan, and other countries) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security of your personal data
I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
I will store all the personal information you provide on my secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy Amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
9. Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let me know if the personal information which I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.